If you are missing teeth, there are several restorative dentistry options we offer to complete your smile. One treatment that is very effective is dental bridges.
What are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are an apparatus that actually bridges the gap between two teeth. Something like a retainer, the bridge can either be secured between two dental crowns, or it can be removable.
How do Dental Bridges work?
Dental bridges are created at a lab with information gathered by your dentist. He makes a mold of your teeth and then sends that information to the lab. Bridges are custom made to fit your smile. They are custom made to match your smile in shape, size and color. Feel free to laugh, smile and have your photo taken. Dental bridges completely fit in and look natural.
Implant-supported Dental Bridges
- If you have missing teeth, you can have a dental implant placed to support the bridges.
- Dental implants are small rods placed into your jawbone and when fused to the jawbone, provide a “new” tooth root.
- Placed on the dental implants to restore them are dental crowns.
- Dental crowns secure bridges, so the dental implants and crowns can take the place of your own teeth.
- You can have one dental implant on one side or you can have dental implants placed on both sides and then place dental bridge between the implants.
- Dental bridges look, feel and function like natural teeth. They are comfortable and don’t require extra care.
Dental bridges are an excellent restorative dentistry procedure that can restore your smile. If you have had any issues with gaps in your smile, they can repair this. If your teeth have been getting worn down, or you have avoided going out in public, bridges are an excellent option.